Tis the season to be harvesting





The Cape Winelands have been celebrating their harvesting festivals (there are so many to choose from!!), and by accident I stumbled into Spier's Harvesting festival.

I found four lovely white wines which I tasted and couldn’t resist buying for home:
-Chenin blanc about R20 (easy drinking for lunch with all the ladies NB buy a case!);
-Chardonnay about R25 (also easy drinking, but only for certain lady friends);
-Private Collection wooded chardonnay about R80 (to sip over dinner/ late lunch with boyfriend);
-And the Private Collection wooded chenin blanc about R70 (for a lunch with 1 girlfriend or drink it all on your own - you don’t want to be sharing too much!)

I am usually a red wine gal – a shiraz gal at that – but with temperatures reaching into their 40’s I have been favouring a cool white instead.

Although I didn’t do any grape stomping, I did go on a tractor ride around the wine estate, mostly with kids and tourists, but I blended in very well I thought with open bottle in hand asking the guide too many questions.

The festival was topped off with great music by renowned singer Gerald Clarke and band, including guest appearances from Albert Frost.

Comments