Bastille Festival




I love to going to wine festivals! Not only because I love wine, but I love learning about wine and of course people watching (this is particularly funnier the drunker they get… and less funny the drunker I get).

I recently went to a more sophisticated wine festival: The Bastille festival. And I only say more sophisticated because it was a bit pricier than the other annual festivals in the wine region and therefore not bombarded with young thirsty student. But if you do have the moolah – it’s really worth attending next year. It’s a wonderful way to get to know the small beautiful town of Franschhoek, taste delicious food from the top restaurants in the country and fulfil your inner desire to don a beret and say ‘Parlez vous francais’ to every passing person. (I only did this twice).

If you do want to go next year, book accommodation way in advance as it is very popular and believe me, you won’t want to trek back to town when The Station pub is calling…

PS - Do try the 2010 sauvignon blanc by Porcupine Ridge (affordable and great for hot summer days - which are coming soon thanks goodness!!)

Comments