braai day



Friday is Heritage day, also known famously as our Braai 4 Heritage Day (www.braai4heritage.co.za) !

I’ve just been listening to the Die Heuwels Fantasties ft SGC Braai song to get me in the mood… Woolies has a special on all their steaks. (R30 less per kg), so I got my juicy rump all ready for the big day! Plus they’ve got a comp where you can win R20 000 (www.woolworths.co.za).

Most people I know are actually all heading North where the best burgers are Jo-burgers… but I’m quite happy to stay in the mother city.

After all, I was just up North in the wonderful Kruger National Park staying at the exceptional Rhino Walking Safaris.

That’s right – WALKING safari.

And we had a couple close encounters with a white rhino and an inquisitive-turned-angry ellie. So if you need an awesome bush break, check out www.rws.co.za (see above pics of us braaing at SLEEP OUT and the flames at RHINO POST). **sigh** I miss it so much!

It may sound wrong talking about beautiful wild life and braaing in the same blog post, but there’s so much to say in so little time.

I hope you’re all gearing up to get your braaivleis, or veggie kebabs on those hot coals. Look out for my next post – interview with Jan Scannel, the man behind Braa 4 Heritage…

Comments