Veuve Clicquot Masters Polo

What a lovely day it was at the Veuve Clicquot Masters Polo at Val de Vie (www.valdevie.co.za).

The estate is huge and very beautiful, near the Pearl Valley Golf Course, a few kms from Paarl.

There were plenty of celebs moseying around, such as Jeannie D, Herschelle Gibbs and Ryk Neethling. The food was fab and the champagne flowed.

The best thing about Veuve Clicquot – no hangover today! And normally bubbles and I don’t go down too well together.

I also had a foot massage, which was fabulous considering how my feet were swelling in the heat in my dainty heals, but I should have done this just before I was leaving, as it was tricky to keep my shoes on for the rest of the afternoon.

The music was great. We were entertained by the beautiful voices of D7 and Lindiwe Suttle (launched of her debut single Man Made Moon).

It was the first Polo game I had ever attended, and it really was interesting. It is one of the fastest sports in the world and those horses are truly magnificent. You can appreciate how physically demanding and challenging the game can be.

Here are some pics, for those who weren’t there to get a sense of the vibe.

Comments