Wild Oats farmers Market



This December I was lucky enough to stop by the Wild Oats Farmers Market (www.wildoatsmarket.co.za).

We were staying in Knysna for one night on our way back to Cape Town (about 4.5 - 5 hours drive up the coast). We were at the market when it opened on 31 December at 7:30am, just outside Sedgefield.... and it was already packed!!!
It is very popular and totally worth visiting if you happen to be in the area.

I personally love markets, and all the fabulous foodie finds.
I went straight for the coffee as I love buying beans from various boutique roasters that I come across. All variations sold at: R37/250g. I went for the 'Smooth' option (honduras).
They have an awesome farmer's breakfast available – so go hungry – it will surely cure any hangover.

One of my highlights was the juice stand - freshly squeezed pomegranate juice (no additives, no nothing - just the juice). Icy cold and full of nutrients (R20 for 250ml).

The mini cakes were truly spectacular and make for lovely gifts if you can withstand eating them all yourself. Plus they only sell for R15 each.

They are open every Saturday morning come rain or shine, from 7:30 in Summer and 8:30 in winter til 11:30.

Oh, and if you happen to be there, go past garage and head to the craft market area, where this amazing cheese shop is. You won't regret it.

Comments