Anniversary dinner at La Mouette - NEW Spring Tasting Menu

Dinner at La Mouette in Sea Point
I can't that I've been married for just over a year! And I surprised my husband with a little anniversary dinner... He always spoils me, so I booked a table at La Mouette – I confess that this was because I selfishly dying to try their new Spring tasting menu – and kept it all hush hush. Yesterday evening I convinced him to walk to the shops with me, in the direction of La Mouette, and then I just pulled him inside. He held me back saying 'But aren't we making homemade burgers tonight?' and 'I don't have my wallet with me'. I had to assure him that it was all planned and it was his turn to be spoiled.

Snack  Salty crisps, ‘Marie Rose’ espuma, sweet corn arancini
Anyway... let's move on to the food. See the September tasting menu below:

Early Spring Tasting Menu
6 course tasting Menu R185 With wines R320

Snack  Salty crisps, ‘Marie Rose’ espuma, sweet corn arancini
_______
Green pea soup  Goats cheese, confit onion, mint oil and lavoche
_______
Smoked potato and truffle salad  Smoked potato puree, salt baked potatoes, thyme, truffle dressing, onion and brioche crumble
Or
Fritto misto  calamari, artichoke puree, spring vegetables, rocket, chilli and lime dressing
_______
Roasted chicken  Crispy pastilla, parmesan gnocchi, baby gem lettuce and pea puree
Or
Fontina tortellini  Butternut puree, baby spinach, parmesan and chestnut sauce
________
Rhubarb crumble  Vanilla panacotta, custard, orange meringue, black pepper crumble and rhubarb espuma
_______
Petit fours
 
Green pea soup  Goats cheese, confit onion, mint oil and lavoche

 
Fritto misto  calamari, artichoke puree, spring vegetables, rocket, chilli and lime dressingle

We both went for the Fritto Misto and the Roasted Chicken choices for our two 'main courses'. Overall, my favourites were the pea soup, the chicken and the rhubarb crumble combination took me by surprise with it's delightful balances of flavour and texture. We had a stunning table right next to the fireplace – intimate and cosy!

Roasted chicken  Crispy pastilla, parmesan gnocchi, baby gem lettuce and pea puree



Rhubarb crumble  Vanilla panacotta, custard, orange meringue,
black pepper crumble and rhubarb espuma



Petit fours
Truly divine dinner!

My husband was super happy and this morning was still going on about the lovely surprise dinner. It was well worth it!

*The Tasting menu is available for the whole table only

To Book and for more information, visit:  http://lamouette-restaurant.co.za/
021 433 0856
twitter: @Teamlamouette

anniversary dinner at La Mouette

Comments