Homemade gluten-free pizza with bacon jam and goat's cheese




After a sweaty SWEAT 1000 workout tonight I was craving salt and some carbs. I'd had a low carb day: bananas for breakfast, leftover roast chicken and avo for lunch, so I decided to cook up some gluten-free pizzas.

Normally I would make the bases from scratch, but – sweaty gym gear in tow – I needed a quick fix and found these awesome gluten-free pizza bases at my local SPAR. The brand is Mom 'n Ty's (a local Cape Town gluten-free food company) and the pizzas are pre-baked, so just need 10 minutes in a super-hot oven (230 degrees C) and you're done.



I also received a jar of Melissa's The Food Shop's Bacon Jam to try out, so I killed two birds with one stone and whipped up some quick pizzas – my husband was only too thrilled to be getting pizza on a week night ;-)

I bought some Karoo goat's milk cheddar (I already had chevré in the fridge), grabbed some tomato paste out the cupboard and set to work.

I spread a 1 tbsp tomato paste thinly on each base, sprinkled over some chevré and grated cheddar, dolloped bits of bacon jam over and shoved the pizza bases in the oven. Out and on my plate all in less than 15 minutes! Now that's quick eating! I sprinkled some fresh home-grown basil over, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of dried chilli flakes before serving. YUM! Definitely a new quick-and-easy fave. I'll just add some fresh ago on top afterwards next time.




Comments